Android Treble project gives hope for custom ROM developers and users by offering Generic System Image (GSI) images for mobile devices. Same like Ubuntu Linux suitable for computers by different manufacturers. No need to develop device-specific ROMs and decentralised efforts. Development of device-specific custom ROM takes too much time. User can free from shitty preloaded stock ROM. Here are the general steps to install GSI images on your Android phone,
1. Check the phone, whether it's treble compatible or not. Install Treble Check app from Play Store and check.
2. Unlock bootloader of your phone.
3. Install TWRP custom recovery.
4. Download desired GSI image (e.g. https://sourceforge.net/projects/developerluke-roms/files/GSIs/)
5. Install GSI image, GAPPS and Magisk (optional).
Here are the screenshots of Resurrection Remix ROM on my Realme 5 phone using GSI image.
GSI images developed by phhusson
Project Treble page at XDA Developers,
GSI images developed by Developer Luke,